Caldwell Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Caldwell Idaho Family History Center serves the areas of Caldwell and Middleton Idaho.
- 1 Center Location and Hours
- 3 Contact
- 4 Open Hours:
- 5 2018 Tri-Stake Discovery Day
- 5.1 CALDWELL FAMILY HISTORY CENTER CLASS SCHEDULE:
- 5.2 2016 -- Available Classes:
- 5.3 Staff Training 2016 Schedule
- 5.4 Online help with Family History Callings:
- 5.5 Center Resources
- 5.6 Hardware and Equipment:
- 5.7 Resources in the Local Area
- 5.8 Books and Films available at the Caldwell Family History Center
- 5.9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Location and Hours
- 3015 S Kimball Ave Caldwell Idaho 83605 United States
- Enter on the South side of the Caldwell Stake Kimball building.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
To arrange for groups during hours or Friday or Saturday's, call 454-8324.
(Ward consultants should always assist when ward groups come to the Family History Center.)
Individual help is always available during Center hours.
Memorial Day - Monday, May 30
Independence Day - Monday, July 4
Labor Day - Monday, September 5
Thanksgiving - Tue -Thur, November 22-24
Christmas - Tue - Thur, December 20-22
2018 Tri-Stake Discovery Day
Don’t miss Family Discovery Day Saturday March 11, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in the Kimball building (3015 S. Kimball Avenue, Caldwell, Idaho).
Free classes and activities will show you how to create, preserve and share your
unique family story. Learn how to build your personal family tree, discover information about your
ancestors, and bring your family history to life with photos, stories and audio recordings—all from the comfort of your home! The event is free of charge and open to everyone age 12 and older. For more information call the Family History Center 454-8324 Monday 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday 9 AM–5 PM or 6 PM -- 9 PM.
CALDWELL FAMILY HISTORY CENTER CLASS SCHEDULE:
2016 -- Available Classes:
- FamilySearch, Family Tree
- FamilyTree Quick Start
- FamilyTree, Preparing Names for the Temple
- FamilyTree, Adding memories (photos, audio and stories)
Call to arrange to take a particular class
Zoning Class --Thursday, November 30 -- 7:00 to 9:00 No pre-registration necessary
Zoning Class --Thursday, December 1 -- 7:00 to 9:00 No pre-registration necessary
Zoning Class --Thursday, December 8 -- 7:00 to 9:00 No pre-registration necessary
Zoning Class --Thursday, December 15 -- 7:00 to 9:00 No pre-registration necessary
New Ward Consultant Training
Every Thursday 7 p.m. New Consultant Training available
(MUST call and register for this class)
Please call the Caldwell Family History Center at 454-8324 to register for any of these classes.
Staff Training 2016 Schedule
- April 9
- June 25
Online help with Family History Callings:
For help with your family history calling go to: Family History Callings
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 'The Compendium of American Genealogy (a 7-volumue set)—First Families of America.' donated by the Caldwell Public Library
- Trained staff will help you with your research problems.
Hardware and Equipment:
- 16 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 Scanner/printer/copier
- 1 microfilm/fiche reader, scanner, copier
Staff Research Specialties: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy, Norway, Slovakia, French Canada, Native American, New England, North Dakota, South Dakota; Languages: English, French, Finnish, Japanese, Spanish
Resources in the Local Area
Books and Films available at the Caldwell Family History Center
Volunteer at the Center
- Volunteers are asked to serve a four hour shift per week.
- Sharpen your skills by taking advantage of staff training.
- Struggling with your Family History Consultant Calling? Serving at the center will give you the experience of working with others.
- Experienced family hisotrians needed to serve-We need your knowledge and skills.