Camarillo California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Camarillo California Family History Center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in the Eastern Ventura County area and is centrally located in Camarillo near the 101 Freeway and the Camarillo City Offices. We are open to help search for YOUR ancestors and have staff willing to guide your search. Our services are free of charge. We have computers to access many databases online and have microfilm readers to view films you can order from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City for a nominal charge.
- 1201 Paseo Camarillo Camarillo, CA 93010 United States
- From the 101 Freeway, exit on Carmen. Drive Northbound, turn right (north);
- Southbound, turn left (north). Turn left at the second light. We are just passed the park on the right.
- Park near the south-west entrance of the church (facing the street).
- Ring bell twice for entry - bell is located in the upper right corner of the door.
- The Family History Center is straight down the hall, about half-way down on the left.
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Closed during the Ventura County Fair - See us there!:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings: Generally the second Sunday evening at 6:00pm. Anyone is welcome.
Collections and Services
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog on FamilySearch.org.
- Microfilm: See our Camarillofhc.blogspot.com for a complete listing of microfilm kept at our center.
- Databases and Software: free copy of Personal Ancestral File software; access to many types of software useful for family history. Pedigree Resource File CDs.
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
- Hardware and Equipment: We now have the capacity to capture digital images of microfilm pages; save it digitally or print it out. Computers and microfilm readers are available for your use. Printers and copiers are also available.
Resources in the Local Area
Ventura County Genealogical Society - check out their website and meetings in Ventura.
Smaller Family History Centers nearby (hours vary):
Las Posas Building: 4345 E. Las Posas Road, Camarillo
Gary Drive Building: 1190 Gary Drive, Oxnard
Gonzales Building: 3301 W. Gonzales Road, Oxnard
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers who can spend 3-4 hours a week helping patrons. We provide training - you do not need to be an expert to be very useful in our centers.