Cambrian Railways War Memorial
The company emerged in the late 1850s, from an amalgamation of a number of smaller railways, and continued operating until 1 January 1922 when it was absorbed by the Great Western Railway.
The memorial, by sculptor Allen G Wyon, features a statue of a draped female figure with outstretched arms. Behind the figure is a marble tablet with a rising sun motif and below is a brass plaque with the inscription:
"THIS TABLET IS ERECTED TO PERPETUATE THE MEMORY OF THE MEN OF THE CAMBRIAN RAILWAYS WHOSE NAMES ARE HERE RECORDED AND WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR KING AND COUNTRY IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918"
and includes the names of 53 employees of the company who died.
It was erected at Oswestry Station and was unveiled on 1st January 1924 and was moved to its present site in Cae Glas Park, Church Street, Oswestry in 1975.