Cambridgeshire Family History Society
This Society was founded in 1976 with over 1400 members rom the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. They encourage the study of family history in Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely. They are a registerd charity.
- Chairman: email@example.com
- Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Secretary: email@example.com
- CFHS Shop and Liason Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webmaster: email@example.com
- Chief Research Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone # 01223 853273 (Note not manned all the time, leave a voice mail for a return call)
The Society has access to databases collected from parishes, military lists, non-conformist records, wills and so much more. Their 'super search' allows you to enter an ancestors name and year and search their massive collection. Once you locate the correct entry, clicking on the details will show you which database record the information is located on allowing you to order it for your own use.
The Society produces a Quarterly Journal entitled The Journal To see a complete list of their holdings, click here.
Besides regular meetings, they have ongoing projects to increase their acquistions of records. The project lists can be viewed here.
They have a volunteer coordinator that one can contact to find out where help is needed, click here to contact them. The society has been transcribing and indexing records for over 30 years.
Their computer group meets every 2nd Saturday of the month at the Glebe School, to view a schedule of what is going on, check out their newsletter here. They have also created a number of interactive resources to help anyone interested in expanding their computer usage knowledge, click here to access these resources.
- A full list of all Societies in Cambridgeshire is available through Genuki.
- Cambridgeshire Family History Society's Facebook Page
- Cambridgeshire Family History Society's use links
- A member of the Federation of Family History Societies
- The Cambridgeshire Family History Society's Newsletter
- Cambridgeshire County Archives
- CAMDEX Index of BMDs in Cambridgeshire...