Cambridgeshire Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes C
Probate is the legal court process by which the estate of a deceased person is distributed to his or her heirs. The term probate refers to a collection of documents, including wills, administrations (also called admons), inventories, and act books.
Here is a list of parishes in Cambridgeshire beginning with the letters A-B. For other parishes in this county, click on a link:
The courts listed for each parish are those that had jurisdiction over probating wills prior to 1858.
1. Find the place where your ancestor lived in the first column.
2. Click on the court name in the second column to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. Click on each name of the court in the third column if the record isn't found in the first court.
4. Search the records for the Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York if the record isn't found.
5. Search last the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.