Canada Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Canada Births and Baptisms, 1661-1959 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Canada|
|Record Type||Births and Baptisms|
|Title in the Language|
- 1 Collection Content
- 2 What is in this Collection?
- 3 How do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
The Coverage Table shows the places and time periods of the original records in this collection. The table indicates how many records the collection has from each place. Most of the records in the collection are from the time periods listed in the table; however, the collection may have a few records from before or after the time period.
|Locality||Births, 1661-1959||Marriages, 1661-1949||Deaths and Burials, 1664-1955|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||220||409||0|
|Prince Edward Island||358||94||0|
* Collection published separately.
What is in this Collection?
This index is an electronic index for the years 1661 to 1959. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
For details about the contents of these records and help using them see the wiki article Births and Christenings Vital Record Index Collections (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How do I Search the Collection?
Search by Name by visiting the Collection Page.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I was Looking for, Now What?
- Remember that this is just an index. Whenever possible, you will want to check the original record for more information. Because there are no images attached to this index, it may be useful to either check other collections for images.
What if I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- Don't forget to try searching this index using variations of the name spelling. You can also try using possible nicknames your ancestor may have had.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Canada Births and Baptisms, 1661-1959." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Canada Births and Baptisms, 1661-1959.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.