Carbrooke, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Wayland|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
CARBROOKE (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union and hundred of Weyland, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (E. N. E.) from Watton. 
Carbrooke St Peter and St Paul is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Carbrooke, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Carbrooke, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1539-1735, 1748-1901||Undefined||1539-1906||Undefined||1539-1735, 1748-1901|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
- 1698 Image 50
- 1705-1706 Image 404
- 1705-1706 Image 405
- 1715-1716 Image 1221
- 1715-1716 Image 1222
- 1722-1723 Image 72
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 124/1-11
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438867.
1891 Census transcript of 1891 census
Genealogy From Periodicals
Wyer, Pat. Weavers and Windmills. Family tree of Thomas Wyer and Margaret nee Reve, his brother Edward and wife Joan nee Fitt, and brother William Wyer. Article dates from 1575-1917, and surnames of Fitt, Smith, Hardy, Sysely. They appear to be in Norwich, Fakenham, Carbrooke, and Caston. Article in The Norfolk Ancestor, old series, vol.3,pt3. page 30-33, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j vol.3
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Carbrooke on GenUKI
- Parish Info
- Watton benefice website
- British History online
- of the precept of Carbrooke
- Church of St Peter and Paul on British Listed building
- Carbrooke on Norfolk Churches website
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 501-511. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Carbrooke', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.