Cartersville Georgia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cartersville, Georgia FHC is located about 51 miles north of Atlanta on I-75, exit 296 and serves a multi-county area in northwest Georgia.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- 870 Peeples Valley Road, NE, Cartersville, Georgia 30121, United States
- Family History Center entrance is on the north end of the church.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-3:00pm, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- All hours by appointment only, call 770-249-0958, if no answer call 770-608-9786.Please call 48 hours before desired appointment time.
Holiday Schedule: Closed on National Hilidays
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 computers
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 printer/doccument-photo scanner
Staff Research Specialties
- Cherokee Indian Research
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers from the community who share our interest in family history and who are computer literate.