Charleston South Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 1519 Sam Rittenburg Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407
- From I-26 Take exit 216A at Cosgrove Avenue cross the Ashley River. Once across the bridge, you are on Sam Rittenberg Blvd (also known as SC Hwy 7). Continue on Sam Rittenburg Blvd (SCHwy 7) for 1.8 miles. The church is on the left, 0.3 miles after you pass Ashley Plaza shopping center. From Savannah Hwy, US-17: Follow Sam Rittenburg Blvd (SC Hwy 7) for 2.3 miles. The church is on the right, 0.4 miles after you pass Village Square shopping center.
- Language: English
E-mail: SC_Charleston@ldsmail.net or email@example.com
- Tuesday: 10:00am-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-9:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Closed all major holidays. First two weeks of July for updates and repairs, week of Thanksgiving, last two weeks of December.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Location Map: 1519 Sam Rittenburg Blvd, Charleston, SC
Calendar and Events
- Annual Workshop: held 3rd Saturday each October
- Monthly Evening Classes: one per month on Tuesdays, 6:00pm-7:00pm
More info available on FHC Charleston SC Events webpage
- FamilySearch Catalog: FHC Charleston SC can help you order any films or fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- Book Inventory. An inventory of books available at FHC Charleston SC.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Subscriptions change over time so please visit the portal webpage for more details.
- 14 networked computers available for use by patrons, all with access to the FHC Portal.
- 3 microfilm workstations (microfilm viewing only).
- 1 Canon Microfilm Scanner 300 workstation (microfilm/microfiche viewing) with capability to make paper or digital copies.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)