Charlton Kings, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Charlton Kings, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Charlton Kings, Gloucestershire|
|Poor Law Union||Cheltenham|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
CHARLTON, KINGS (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Cheltenham, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2 miles (S. S. E.) from Cheltenham. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Charlton Kings, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|CHARLTON KINGS PARISH (1538) Online Records|
|IARC||1539-1730 (gaps)||1539-1730 (gaps)||1539-1730 (gaps)|
Charlton Kings Holy Apostles parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Charlton Kings Holy Apostles Online Records|
Charlton Kings St Mary parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Charlton Kings St Mary Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Add any additional sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 549-554. Date accessed: 11 February 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 21 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 5 July 2016.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- 'Extracts from the Charlton Kings Parish Registers,' in Gloucestershire Notes and Queries, Vol. 1 (1881):31-33. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- 'Extracts from the Charlton Kings Parish Registers: Marriages, 1538-1811,' in Gloucestershire Notes and Queries, Vol. 4 (1890):331-336. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.