Chico California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 Upcoming Events:
- 2.2 CHICO STAKE 12 IN 12 CHALLENGE
- 2.3 Class Schedule: February–June 2017
- 2.4 Staff Training Meetings:
- 2.5 Center Resources
- 2.6 Center Services
- 2.7 Resources in the Local Area
- 2.8 Links
- 2.9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2430 Mariposa Ave Chico, California 95926 United States
- Open Hours:
- Holiday Schedule:
Calendar and Events
CHICO STAKE 12 IN 12 CHALLENGE
12 People Towards the Temple in 12 Months
Monthly members will do one or more of the following things:
FIND: Find the name of one or more ancestors then
print Temple Ordinance Request Form or Cards.
TAKE: Take or share family names to/with the temple.
TEACH: Teach someone else to do the above.
FREE Monthly Family History Classes
The same class will be taught in both locations on the 1st Tuesday in the Paradise Family History Center—1045 Buschmann Road, Paradise, California, 95969 and on the 1st Thursday at the Chico Stake Family History Center—2430 Mariposa Avenue, Chico, California 95926. Classes are always held at 7:00 pm.
Class Schedule: February–June 2017
The same class is taught in both locations. No reservations or prior genealogy experience needed. Come every month to learn about a new topic. Bring a friend.
February—Beginning Family Search
•Class taught at the Chico Family History Center 2/2/17 and Paradise Family History Center 2/7/17 both at 7:00
March—Family Search Affiliates and Partners
•Class taught at the Chico Family History Center 3/2/17 and the Chico Family History Center 3/7/17 both at 7:00
April—How to Upload Photos and Add Memories to FamilySearch
•Class taught at the Paradise Family History Center 4/4/17 and the Chico Family History Center 4/6/17 at 7:00
May—Reading the Census
•Class taught at the Paradise Family History Center 5/2/17 and at the Chico Family History Center 5/4/17 at 7:00
•Class taught at the Chico Family History Center 6/1/17 and at the Paradise Family History Center 6/6/17 at 7:00
Staff Training Meetings:
Consultants watch for upcoming quarterly Temple and Family History Consultant training meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 Computers, 2 printers, microfilm reader, and scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome anyone with a desire to serve in the Center to contact us