Cleveland Texas Family History Center
- 1 Why Family History?
- 1.1 Calendar and Events
- 1.2 Center Resources
- 1.3 Center Services
- 1.4 Resources in the Local Area
- 1.5 Links
- 1.6 Volunteer at the Center
Why Family History?
Family history is more than a hobby, it’s an activity that blesses both the living and the dead. Connecting generations with the blessings of the temple serves ancestors, safeguards individuals, and strengthens families.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
"GOD SETTETH THE SOLITARY IN FAMILIES.”
IT was the custom in ancient Israel to preserve the relations of their family by a carefully kept record of all its members. To trace their genealogy was an easy task. (See Luke 3:23-38). In modern times, however, among the Gentiles, this practice is not in vogue ; and many persons take so little interest in the history of their progenitors, that they can scarcely tell even the names of their grandfather and mother. We know how important it is to trace our roots and here at the Cleveland Texas Family History Center we offer access to the extensive resources available through FamilySearch International and the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. The center is open to the public and admission is free of charge. Everyone is welcome! We can arrange for group visits by confirmed reservation only.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1100 Southline Cleveland TX 77327-4647 United States
- Entrance to the center is on Hancock Ave
Christopher O. Wetzel
- Wed. 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Fri. 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Also by Appointment!
- Holiday Schedule:
Closed all major holidays:
Please call for hours of operation
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Wend. is individual training and Fri. training is open to all
Computers with online and offline help
Printers and photo scanning directly to your family tree.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- RootsMagic 6
- Ancestral Quest 14
- LibreOffice 4.1
- Legacy 8.0
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Dell Computers running Windows 7
- Lexmark printer
- Microfilm reader
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)