Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire|
|Hundred||Elstub and Everley|
|Poor Law Union||Pewsey|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Probate Court||Pre-1829 - Court of the Peculiar of the Lord Warden of Savemake Forest; Post-1828 - Court of the Bishop of Salisbury (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
COLLINGBOURN-DUCIS (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Pewsey, hundred of Elstub and Everley, Everley and Pewsey, and S. divisions of Wilts, 9 miles (S. E.) from Pewsey. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Collingbourne Ducis parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 663-668. Date accessed: 26 August 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 10 January 2014.
- Wiltshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.