Colonie, New York
|Colonie, New York|
Location in Albany County, New York
Albany County, New York's location in the state of New York
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Cemeteries
- 2.2 Church Records
- 2.3 Repositories
- 2.4 Town Records
- 2.5 Vital Records
- 3 References
Town seat: Newtonville
- Colonie Town Hall
- 534 Loudon Road
- Newtonville, New York 12128
Villages: Colonie, Menands
Communities: Boght Corners, Crescent Station, Dunsbach Ferry, Karner, Latham, Lisha Kill, Loudonville, Maywood, Mohawk View, Newtonville, Roessleville, Shakers, Stanford Heights, Verdoy.
Evergreen Memorial Park
Located at 2150 Central Ave, Colonie, NY
Lisha's Kill Reformed Church Cemetery
Located at Rte 5 Eastbound lane, near 2090 Central Ave, Schenectady.
Our Lady of Angels (Catholic) Cemetery
Cemetery Office located at St. Agnes Cemetery, Menands, (518) 463-0134.
St Agnes (Catholic) Cemetery
Located at 48 Cemetery Ave, Menands, NY
Records for 1868-1882 have been transcribed by the Troy Irish Genealogical Society. The Diocesan Cemetery Office for Albany County is at St Agnes Cemetery, Menands. Phone (518) 463-0134.
St John’s Lutheran Church Cemetery
Located at 303 Sand Creek Road, Colonie, NY. Contact the cemetery office at (518) 459-8044
St Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
Located next to Guptills Arena Rt 9 Latham. Contact the office of the St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church, 2410 Fourth Ave., Watervliet, N.Y. 12189
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Department. Boght, Becker Dutch Reformed Church, Colonie, Albany, New York computer printout; births or christenings, 1784-1896 (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1976) FHL Film 883806 Item 3
- William Burt Cook, transcriber. Baptismal and marriage records of the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Boght, Colonie, N.Y (Ann Arbor, Michigan : University Microfilms, 1987).At various libraries (WorldCat)
Index to Baptismal and marriage records FHL Film 17577
Baptismal and marriage records FHL Fiche 6062110 (2 fiche)
- William Burt Cook, transcriber. Transcript of the baptismal and marriage records of the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Boght, Albany County, New York, 1782-1899 (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1977) FHL Film 1016558 Item 2
- William Burt Cook, transcriber. Transcript of the baptismal and marriage records of the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Boght, Albany County, New York, 1784-1899 (Washington, District of Columbia : Reproduction Systems, 1971). FHL Film 860299 Item 5
- Howard I. Becker, transcriber. Transcript of the marriage and baptismal records of the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Boght, Colonie, N.Y. : marriages 1784-1900, baptisms 1784-1896 (1954). FHL Film 532617 Item 5
Archives, Libraries and Museums
William K. Sanford Town Library
629 Albany–Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211-1196
Collection: Small collection of reference works, city directories, maps, oral history tapes, newspaper clipping file with an emphasis on the town of Colonie and surrounding localities, including some local church records and a few family histories.
Colonie Town Clerk
Memorial Town Hall
534 Loudon Road
Newtonville, NY 12128
The Town of Colonie can provide uncertified copies of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates for genealogy research purposes if the event occurred within the Town.
Colonie Town Historian
Town of Colonie
Memorial Town Hall
Newtonville, NY 12128
Phone: 518) 782-2593
Hours: Call for an appointment
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Colonie, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md: Genealogical Publ., 2009), 370. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- The Historical Society of the Town of Colonie at http://www.colonie.org/historian/historical/ (accessed 4 November 2011).