Community Wiki Support Meeting 13 March 2014
WebEx ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
Charles for teaching a new HTML class. It is thrilling the content missionaries. We should include that in the training. Giuseppi for sharing the two report pages - how people accessed the wiki and what pages are being accessed. .
Priority items for this meeting:
- SalesForce uploads needing to be approved as soon as they submit (fs.org emails):
- Review of County Seat pages
Information needs to be specific in regards to city info on city pages, county info on county pages and state info on state pages. Do not confuse them.
- Welcome and New Contributor Meeting March 18th
Updates and follow up
- Needed training: update the way we train new wiki missionaries. Review what the actual expectations are for this group -patroling, programing (HTML/wikitext/rich editor) fixes. [HTML will be very needful at that time]
Charles - FOR ALL OF US - please get him a list of common fixes we find while patroling - so we can present that to the newest missionaries on our team.
Product missionaries could use updated information on what the wiki actually is.
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
- Tech updates
Giuseppe-Wiki upgrade coming (May or June) to see what is possible to do. Need train to patrol and fix as we don't know what the upgrade will do to our pages.
IF you see something that needs fixing..do it. If it's an improvement - go for it. Report back to this meeting what you might do. We have many pages with old information and it needs updating - go for it - update it.
FYI-Rollback takes to last editor. Undo just takes it back one step.
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potential attacks
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FamilySearch Catalog, York County||Ccsmith|
|Diana||Adoption Committee||Colorado, Kentucky||Diana47judy|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Content to the Wiki||Lindachappell|
|Robin||Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki