Community Wiki Support Meeting 16 January 2014
WebEx ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
- To Ruth Heeder, and laVera Parris for Coming to training and helping to make it enjoyable.
Priority items for this meeting:
Requested training on images:
- What specifically to cover:
Active support for new users: (All active users without user page or talk page)
- Process - Welcoming Committee checks to make sure everyone is welcomed - see all tabs
- New users are added regularly from active users list
- Assignments are given to new users - Robin (User page, talk page, and contributions reviewed)
- New user developed user page
- New user found to be spammer
- Example pages under notes: (NorwayNapa Family History Center)
- We need volunteers to use the items under notes as teaching opportunities.
- Explain on talk pages of each page what you did and why.
Updates and follow up
Summary of last week's meeting:
Summary of January 9th (9am) Support Meeting
1. Suggest news articles to Robin
2. Report any community projects we hear of to Robin
3. Wiki Resolutions- tell Charles
4. Reword timesheets to include Salesforce
5. Devotional link - tabled
6. Skype LaVera with email for Google Doc (Help pages)
7. Tenative meeting Feb 10th (coordinate efforts-new contributors)
8. Tech meetings (Thurs 2pm) -welcome to attend
9. Flipboard app available @ RootsTech link
10. Clean computer cookies daily
11. UK one word titles - Community Council dealing with
12. Common Wiki fixes page (currently in Charles' sandbox)
13 (Linda only) Email patron re:father/son issue
14. Google doc Localities page- add all related pages to watchlist
15. (Everyone, particularly new members) Update table at end of agenda with projects currently working on
|Thurs||Support (90 min)||9:00 MST||0000|
- Needed training:
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Requesting training for Public domain images (Linda and Diane)
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
- Questions from HTML 5 Class (Mondays at 12PM Mountain):
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potenial attacks
- FHC pages - Robin was to meet with Guiseppe on Jan 13th. We had been asked to not touch Family History center pages and just let the FH directors. Please update team.
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report -
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||HTML training, Creating Non-English Wikis,||Ccsmith|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Content to the Wiki||Lindachappell|
|Robin|| Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers
||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
|Rorie||New Missionary Training, Special Projects||Idaho & Native American Moderator||Jenson1|
|Sandra||Maintenance||Uncategorized and Unused Images||Sandralpond|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki