Community Wiki Support Meeting 19 July 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Rorie - Indian and Idaho projects
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
Improve the Wiki
- When articles are changed in the English wiki on research in foreign countries, can some kind of notification be given to the other wikis so that people who use these foreign wikis can update the corresponding article?
- When new material in added to the English wiki on research in foreign countries, can it be set up so that the other wikis are notified so they can translate them into the languages of their wikis?
- When the images, for example, are put up for the town of: Italy, Pesaro e Urbino Province Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) can the other wikis be notified so they can update their links as well?
- Would it be possible, for example, for the links from: Italy, Pistoia Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) to the page where the images are accessed at: Images be translated into Spanish, Portuguese and Italian so these pages can be read by their patrons?
- It was suggested that the foreign wiki teams have someone who would check new pages and new images on the English wiki on a regular basis and then make a decision about translating for their Wiki
- When you click on the Tour from the main page you link to Help:Tour. The first video under “1. Research Help” Video: Researching using the Wiki is on YouTube. YouTube is not available in FHC centers because it is outside the church’s websites. It should be made available to patrons at the FHCs in some other way.
- Possibility - put video on Jane's website
- Talk to Wiki HQ and see if they have any ideas (Lynda)
Enhancement Committee - page is being created