Community Wiki Support Meeting 20 February 2014
WebEx ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to
From Sandra - to LaVera, Ruth and Linda for attending classes, the lessons learned shows in the patrolling/work.
Priority items for this meeting:
Updates and follow up
- Images: Please watch Salesforce each day for image requests that will me coming in in high volume. Please let Robin (Private Skype or Yammer) know so that they can be approved quickly.
- Adoption Program: Robin met with Diana on Wed, Feb 19th. If time permits, Diana can give brief synopsis of first steps.
- County Seat Pages:
Please review these concerns about county seat pages: Yammer Instead of creating county seat pages that remain empty, what does everyone feel about the suggestion to create county seat pages for Florida first, then add basic resources for those cities before we move along to a different city. We do not have as many content producers like we had in the past at the FHL. Are we willing to put some basics on the pages until we get more contributors? Who else can we reach out to for help? Ideas:
- Placement of SEO: ""Charles, please show how SEO text is supposed to be placed on the Wiki ahead of the bread crumbs. Please also explain what SEO is and why we are concerned about it for those who do not know.
- Guidelines for pages: Charles is developing a guide to help contributors understand the basic elements that need to be on a page (categories, bread crumbs, SEO text and placement, aligned photos, header sizes, etc.) Do you have any other suggestions that need to be in the guide?
- Needed training:
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Tech updates
- Tech updates
Patrolling and Amdocs Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
- Catch potential attacks
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report
Myra will report for Moderator Committee and get feedback on enrichment for intermediate moderators. We need volunteers for this committee.
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||HTML Wikitext training||Ccsmith|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Content to the Wiki||Lindachappell|
|Robin||Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki