Community Wiki Support Meeting 8 May 2012
0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays *You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist. *Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Sandra Pond - for her maintenance work and her many hours of service in that area.
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
Remove Moderator rights? (Janell has an issue that we need to discuss)
- What procedures do we need to remove a Moderator's rights?
- We need to set up a similar procedure for Adopters.
- What actions of a Moderator would cause dispute measures to be put in place?
- Under responsibilities of Moderators, have a statement that would give information about being terminated as a Moderator.
- Consensus needs to be determined.
- What is the procedure for setting up new policies in the Wiki?
- James will work with someone on setting up a procedure and moderator issue. *Who makes the ultimate decision?
- When does a policy become an administrator issue?
- On a Wiki, the community should make the decision
- The current issue needs to be on the Forum for discussion.
- Proposed pages will be put on Talk pages of Moderator pages.
- Set a time period (1 Year) for Moderators so that they need to indicate if they're willing to continue in the role, following the procedures that they are supposed to be doing. If they're not willing to continue filling the role properly, they can be terminated as Moderators.
- Set a number of edits that should be done in a year to remain as a Moderator.
- Set up an Advisory Committee - group of community people, - 6 to 8 people who brainstorm and help determine a form of action. They make recommendations. A FamilySearch representative would bring the issue to the Advisory Committee. (Community Council)
- Set up the procedures and send an email to all moderators giving a date for reply - letting them know the responsibilities for a Moderator and they need to let us know if they will fulfill those responsibilities, or not.