Concho Indian Agency (Oklahoma)
Guide to Concho Indian Agency (Oklahoma) ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
The Concho Agency is a currently operating agency. Its supervising office in the Bureau of Indian Affairs is the Anadarko Area Office.
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
Agencies and sub-agencies were created as administrative offices of the Bureau of Indian Affairs and its predecessors. Their purpose was (and is) to manage Indian affairs with the tribes, to enforce policies, and to assist in maintaining the peace. The names and location of these agencies may have changed, but their purpose remained basically the same. Many of the records of genealogical value (for the tribe and tribal members) were created by and maintained by the agencies.
Many of the historical records for this agency, prior to 1963, are to be found in the National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth), and in the Oklahoma Historical Society in Oklahoma City, under the name Cheyenne and Arapaho Agency.
- Allotment case files 1891-1955
- Township Plats 1873-1931
- Annuity Rolls 1894-1908
- Tribal Census 1891-1933
- Birth Records 1910
- Marriage License 1903-1913
- Individual Indian money accounts 1909-1927
- Cheyenne-Arapaho School - Cox records 1928=1965
- Redmoon School, births and deaths 1908-1918
Records Available Through the Family History Library
- Rolls 1892-1921. FHL films: 1026687-1026691 and 1026693-1026695
- Census, and School Records. FHL films: 1205782-1205784 and *1205786-1025787, and 1026692, 1248772, 1028498
- Land and Property (Allotment)1891-1915. FHL films: 1026683-1026686, and 1026691. 1026695, 1028498
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981, p9. 154-155.
- Younkin, C. George. Historical and Genealogical Records of the Five Civilized Tribes and other Indian Records. World Conference on Records and Genealogical Seminar. Salt Lake City, Utah. August 1969
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974. *Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online</ref>