Concord New Hampshire Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 90 Clinton St., Concord, NH 03301
- Enter on the west side of the building. There is a sign on the door indicating if the center is open or closed. After entering the building, the Family History Center is down the hallway to the left on the left side.
Phone: 1-603-225-2848 - (If calling during closed hours, please leave a message).
- Wednesday: : 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm, and 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- We are closed on school snow days. If roads are cleared during the day we may be open in the evening.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers connected to the Internet and to the FHC Portal
- 1 printer/copier/scanner which can scan photos directly to FamilySearch
- 1 microfilm reader
- 2 micofilm/microfiche readers connected to a computer and printer for copies
- Wi-Fi Internet access is available
- *** Notice about Family History Microfilm Discontinuation *** - On September 1, 2017, FamilySearch will discontinue its microfilm distribution services. (The last day to order microfilm will be on August 31, 2017.) Read more: Family History Microfilm Discontinuation
Databases and Software
- The 19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive
- Access Newspaper Archives
- Alexander Street Press, American Civil War
- American Ancestors
- Ancestry.com (World Edition)
- ArkivDigital Online
- Create your Who Do You Think Your Are? Story, for free
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote)
- The Genealogist
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Hungary Exchange
- Kinpoint Premium
- Legacy Stories
- MyHeritage Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- ProQuest Obituaries
- World Vital Records
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Resources in the Local Area
- The New Hampshire State Library houses approximately 2400 titles of published family histories for New Hampshire and New England. This collection is enhanced by the unique name index to early town records on microfilm (sometimes referred to as the "Sargent" Name Index). The town records, ranging in years for each town but falling roughly between the years 1640 to 1830/40, can provide birth and marriage dates, as well as listings of such items as tax inventories.
- New Hampshire Historical Society has extensive book, photographic print, and microfilm collections.
- New Hampshire State Archives
- The New Hampshire State Archives houses many useful resources for genealogy research. Among their holdings are Probate Records, Land Title Deeds, Military Records, Census Records, Photographs, Portraits, and Prints, Naturalization Records, Voter Checklists, Prisoner Indices, Marriage Records, Paupers Indices, Court Records, and a lot more.
- New Hampshire Society of Genealogists.
- The New Hampshire Society of Genealogists was founded in 1978 as a not-for-profit organization with the following purposes: To provide education in genealogical research techniques - bring together all persons interested in genealogy - publish and make available genealogical material - ensure public access to records and promote records preservation.
New Hampshire research:
- New Hampshire Genealogy - FamilySearch guide to New Hampshire ancestry, genealogy and family history, birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- New Hampshire Search Strategies - This set of Wiki pages describes major sources of information about families from New Hampshire, including census, vital, cemetery, probate, land, tax, town, church, and military records for most of the towns and family and local histories.
- New Hampshire Online Genealogy Records - This is collection of links to New Hampshire statewide databases and collections.
- New England Historical Genealogical Register Online - Published volumes of The New England Historical and Genealogical Register are now available on the Internet.
- Cyndi's List - New Hampshire genealogy information, links, and resources.
- Family and Personal History Basics - LDS Store (store.lds.org) - Online Ordering for Family and Personal History Basics - Pedigree charts, Family group record sheets, Research log sheets, etc.