Connecticut, United States Genealogy
United States Connecticut
|Connecticut Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Connecticut ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Connecticut became the fifth state admitted to the United States in January 9, 1788. Connecticut was created form Connecticut Territory and is located in the northeast region of the United States.
Getting Started with Connecticut Research
Links to articles on getting started with Connecticut research.
Connecticut Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Connecticut research.
Connecticut Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Connecticut Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Connecticut genealogy sites on the internet
- Connecticut Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Connecticut
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Connecticut
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Connecticut genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Connecticut
- Connecticut Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Wikipedia contributors, "Connecticut" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut (accessed 15 March 2016).