Court of the Peculiar of Castle Combe
Return to the Wiltshire Probate Records page.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Here are two websites providing online indexes to Wiltshire Wills:
- The Wiltshire County Record Office's online Will Index 1540-1858
- Genuki provides a gateway to these 1000 abstract Wills
Printed and Published Indexes
Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
Wiltshire SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Fax: 44 (0)1249 705527 Website
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Original Wills & Administrations 1669-1786
Inventories 1669-1786 (wills after this period, were probated in the Archdeaconry Court of Wiltshire)
Family History Library Records
Castle Combe Peculiar is not inhibited by any other jurisdiction. After 1786 wills were proved in the Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire.