Covina California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
- 656 S. Grand Ave. Covina, Califronia 91724, United States
- Entrance is found at the front of the church building facing Grand Ave.
- There are numerous parking spaces including handicap spaces, with wheel chair access.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DRIVING TO THE COVINA FAMILY HISTORY CENTER FOLLOWS:
- If you are driving North on Grand Avenue from the 10 FWY: Drive almost to the top of the hill and turn right into the church parking lot.
- If you are driving South on Grand Avenue you will need to turn left when you reach the intersection of Grand Ave. and Roland St. The left turn will be onto E. Covina Hills Road which will curve down and to the right. At the bottom of the hill, just before the first house on the right, is a small driveway on the right which goes back up to the top of the hill, and into the Church parking lot. Follow it up and to the right into the main parking lot. Drive toward the front of the building and park. The Family History Center will be the first door you come to as you walk up the sidewalk to the front door under the brick arch.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Sunday: Beginning on Sunday January 8, 2017, the Family History Center will be open in the evening on Sunday in order to support the Stake goal of making Sunday a day for Family History.
- For 2016, the Family History Center will close Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, November 22, 23 and 24 for the Thanksgiving Holiday. It will also close Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, December 20, 21, and 22 for the Christmas Holiday.
- It will maintain its normal schedule and be open the Week before New Years Day.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Book Collections, Reference Aids, Map Collections,Computer Programs for map and county location, Access to over 2,000,000 rolls of Microfilm/Microfiche with over 800 rolls of spanish and
- 1000 rolls of German, English and other items on site.
Databases and Software
- Numerous Genealogical Programs in our central server. A Family History Portal Site which gives access to premium family history software and website free, (Ancestry.com, footnote.com etc.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Multiple Microfilm readers, Microfiche readers, Digital film scanner,Numerous computers, printers, etc.
Family Discovery Area
- We have a Family Discovery Area, intended to be used by the whole family. Its purpose is to allow parents to discuss family history with their children at whatever level they are ready for.
Staff Research Specialties
Numerous Trained Volunteer staff (20), Specialist in England, Italy, Spanish, Sweden. and a Genealogical Missionary for the Family History support.
Resources in the Local Area
Within 30 miles of the Covina Family History Center we have 3 larger Family History Centers and a National Archives Center.