CRANFORD, a parish in Staines district, Middlesex; on the right bank of the river Crane, opposite Cranford village. It contains the village of Cranford-Bridge; and its post town is Cranford, under Hounslow, London, W. Acres, 721. Real property, £3, 155. Pop., 530. Houses, 93. The manor belonged once to the Knights of St. John, and to Thame abbey; and belongs now to Earl Fitzhardinge. Cranford Park is tho Earl's seat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London. Value, £250. Patron, Lord Fitzhardinge. The church is Norman; and has monuments of the Astons, the Berkeleys, and Dr. Thomas Fuller, author of the "Church History. " Charities, £8. Dr. Fuller and Bishop Wilkins were rectors.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))