Culverthorpe, Lincolnshire Genealogy
Guide to Culverthorpe, Lincolnshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Sleaford|
|Parish registers: None; For records see Heydour|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Pre-1836 - Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Heydour; Post-1835 - Court of the Bishop of Lincoln (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Lincolnshire Record Office|
CULVERTHORPE, a chapelry, in the parish of Haydor, union of Sleaford, wapentake of Aswardhurn, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 5½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Sleaford. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Culverthorpe events will be found in the Heydour, Lincolnshire parish records.
Material deposited at Lincolnshire Archives,
St Rumbold Street
Enquiries: email@example.com The website enables you to view a PDF file for all records held for each parish as part of continuing efforts to provide an online catalogue.
Link to the FamilySearch Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Culverthorpe
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438757.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lincolnshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Culverthorpe is a township in Heydour
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 746-751. Date accessed: 14 August 2013.