Curbar, Derbyshire Genealogy
CURBAR, a township, in the parish and union of Bakewell, hundred of High Peak, N. division of the county of Derby, 1½ mile (E. by S.) from Stoney-Middleton; containing 412 inhabitants. It is situated on the eastern bank of the river Derwent.
From: A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 751-755. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50911 Date accessed: 07 April 2011.
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Curbar like this:
CURBAR, a township in Bakewell parish, Derby; 4¼ miles NE of Bakewell. Real property, £782. Pop., 332. Houses, 70. A church was built here in 1868.
Curbar All Saints was formerly a part of the parochial chapelry of Baslow, Derbyshire and became a parish in 1868. No deposited registers are found at the Derbyshire Record Office.