Danville California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Danville California Family History Center has been open and serving the community for almost two decades. Patrons throughout our communitry are most welcome during library hours. We have a friendly and experienced staff who volunteer to help you to utilize our resources, including the Family Search web portal to over a dozen subscription-based genealogical research services, such as Ancestry.com. In addition, you may order online and have films or microfiche shipped from the main Salt Lake Library for viewing in our center.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 2949 Stone Valley Rd Alamo CA 94526 United States
- Wednesday:10:00am-1:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Closed all major Holidays
- Closed the month of August
- Thanksgiving week
- The last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
Danville Stake Family History Discovery Day Fair- Bringing the FAMILY into Family History
10:30-1:30 the cultural hall and classrooms will be opened with booths, games and activities, hands on exhibits, story time, ROOTStech presentation broadcasts, Boy Scout Genealogy merit badge workshop, etc. You will leave with ideas for family reunions, learn how to write your personal history, receive instruction on familysearch.org, gather ideas for digitizing old photos, and have a chance to audio record your testimony and upload it onto familysearch.org for your posterity, and leave inspired to learn more of your family's stories.
The San Ramon Valley Genealogy Society meets at our location on the third Tuesday of each month from10am until 12 noon. They offer a wide variety of knowledgeable speakers and lesson topics.
How do I begin my Family History? Walk-ins welcome every Wednesday evening at 7pm.
Staff Training Meetings
Our catalog is located at familysearch.org>Search>Catalog
Under “Search these Family History Centers” select Danville California Family History Center
This catalog provides patrons with the ability to:
- Search by Places, Surnames, Titles, Authors, Subjects or Keywords
- Broaden a search to other local Family History Centers, the Oakland FamilySearch Library or to the holdings of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- Have a direct link to the growing collection of online resources at FamilySearch.org and elsewhere
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Eight computers
- Three microfilm readers
- Microfiche readers
- Microfilm printer
- Laser and Inkjet printers
- Laser scanner
- WiFi access
- Small collection of reference books.
Staff Research Specialties
- Internet, US research, United Kingdon, Scandinavian, German and other specialties
- Refer to FamilySearch Wiki for other assistance.
Resources in the Local Area
- San Ramon Valley Genealogical Society
Volunteer at the Center
Contact our Director at email@example.com