Dartmouth Nova Scotia Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Dartmouth Nova Scotia Family History Center located in Halifax County serves the province of Nova Scotia as well as patrons visiting from the remaining three Atlantic provinces and other areas of Canada and the United States. We have 5 regular volunteers trained to help the numerous patrons who visit the Center each year. The Center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in Historic Nova Scotia.
Location and Map
- 46 Cumberland Drive, Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada B2V 2C7
- Location on Map
- The Entrance on the opposite side as the temple.
- Inquiries : 1-902-406-5644
- Family History Centre : 1-902-426-0628
- E-mail : NS_Dartmouth@ldsmail.net
Hours of Operation
- Call to book one-on-one appointments with staff ~ 1-902-406-5644 ~ Rhonda Cole
- Tuesdays 10 am - 2 pm
- Wednesdays 6 pm - 9 pm
- Saturdays 1 pm - 4 pm
- Possibility of one-on-one appointments at other times as staffing permits.
Family History Fair
Celebrating Families Across Generations
Saturday 5 November 2016
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
46 Cumberland Drive, Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada B2V 2C7
Attendance is Free ~ All Ages Welcome
Register at www.lds.org/familydiscoveryday
For further information contact Anna Davision ~ 902-624-9575
- FamilySearch Catalog : This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Over 2400 Films on file permanently in the Center, we also have on permanent file several hundred Microfiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal :This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 internet serviced computers, 3 microfilm readers, printer (10 cents a sheet), microfilm and microfiche, limited collection of books and published family genealogies.
All staff are trained in the standard research techniques and can assist all Patrons.
Staff Research Specialties
Vince Vincent specialist in Family Search program and Military Records
Rhonda Cole specialist in Family Search program and Canadian Research
Christine Mepham specialist in United Kingdom Research
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)