Dauphin Manitoba Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Dauphin Family History Center is located in a church building in the city of Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada. It serves a large area around Dauphin, Manitoba, including Roblin, Swan River, Ste Rose du Lac, Riding Mountain and many smaller communities in the area.(
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 403 Whitmore Avenue West, Dauphin, Manitoba, R7N 2S8 Canada
- Parking area at the east and south of the building. Not paved. The front door is unlocked on family history days.
Phone: 1-204-638-8103 1-204-638-2918
- Thursday: 1 pm-8 pm
- Will open other days to suit patrons if need be.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have limited number of films from Eastern European areas of Research, as well as some Scottish films and films from the Derbyshire England vacinity. We have a complete file of Scottish IGI micro-fiche as well as complete counties of Ireland, some Orkney Island Census fiche. Also we have Kent County , Ontario cemetery transcriptions on micro-fiche.(
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- We have computers, microfilm reader, microfiche readers, microfilm printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Dauphin Family History Group is an active and helpful organization which will provide assistance in research and has a comprehensive library of books available at the local Dauphin Library for research within the library or on loan to members of the group.They also have done much transcription work for local area cemeteries and have a comprehensive system of files at the library open for research with the accompaniment of a member of the organization.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)