Dayton Ohio East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Dayton Ohio East Family History Center (FHC) is a branch of FamilySearch and the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah (United States). Our goal is to provide free resources to assist you in the research and study of your genealogy and family history by:
• Giving personal one-on-one assistance to patrons
• Providing access to genealogical records through the Internet and the microfilm loan program
• Offering free how-to classes
Consisting of computers, related family history programs, internet access and open 25 hours per week, the Dayton Ohio East (DOE) Family History Center is a stand-alone center. We have a collection of CDs, books, historical material and digital-imaging equipment, with the ability to copy film and fiche to your USB drive, CD or paper. Microfilm and microfiche readers are also available. We have a staff of dedicated volunteers. Our more experienced volunteers are able to help with specific research challenges. There is no cost to visit a Family History Center. We are a non-profit organization open to anyone with an interest in genealogical research.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3060 Terry Dr Fairborn OH 45324 United States
- Main entrance parking is in back of building
- Handicap entrance parking is in front of building.
- Karen Jenney
- Assistant Directors: Anisa Guy and Linda Sellers
- Thurs: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
MEMORIAL DAY THUR, FRI, SAT. MAY 26-28
INDEPENDENCE DAY THUR, FRI, SAT. JUN. 30-JUL. 2
LABOR DAY THUR, FRI, SAT. SEPT. 1-3
GENERAL CONFERENCE SAT. OCT. 1
THANKSGIVING THUR, FRI, SAT. NOV. 24-26
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR DEC. 22-31
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Class Schedule: TBA
FREE "How To" Classes. Open door policy.
Bring with you any basic family information you have, paper/electronic device for notes.
Classes will include a short lesson/presentation and then hands-on follow-up.
If you have questions, please call the Center during our open hours (see above).
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: We have the ability to receive any of the films and fiche ordered through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal Our center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers
- 4 printers
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 fiche readers
- Digital Imaging Equipment for copying film or fiche to USB drive, CD or paper.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr>