DeFuniak Springs Florida Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The DeFuniak Springs Family History Center serves Walton, Holmes and Okaloosa Counties. The Center has trained Temple and Family History Consultants ready and willing to assist you in your family search. This service is without cost, except for nominal fees for copies & materials available. Visitors should ring the doorbell to gain entry. Please note that microfilms must be ordered and paid for online. Short-term loans are available at the center for 90 days from the shipping date. (Please visit FamilySearch Catalog to order films/fiche and select our location for delivery - this can also be done on the secure Internet connections in our Center.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer At Our Family History Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1391 Walton Rd De Funiak Springs FL 32433 United States
- Enter parking lot from Walton Road, parking on East side.
- Entrance on Southeast corner of building.
- There is a sign at the East entrance of parking lot and a sign at the Southeast corner of the building by large Magnolia tree.
- For security reasons, the doors are locked.
- There is a doorbell to ring for admittance.
Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 Noon - 2:00 PM
Closed week of Thanksgiving: Closed week of Christmas and New Year's: Also closed on National Holidays falling on regular days of operation:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Resource Books, Extended Loan Microfilms from all states & several Countries, large collection of Microfiche
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Genealogy software programs, forms, research outlines, word lists, etc., available at cost
- Research Specialty Assistance
- Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Computers, 3 Printers, Scanner, Copier, Microfilm & Microfiche Readers
Staff Research Specialties
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide Training
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
- Provide Service Opportunities for missionaries and volunteers. (Call 850-834-2255 for more information)
Resources in the Local Area
Walton County Heritage Society
Volunteer At Our Family History Center
- Feeling lost in your Temple and Family History Consultant Calling? - Take advantage of our training program.
- Just want to learn more about Family History? - Those who serve always learn the most!
- Want to serve a Mission but need to stay in the Area? - Serve part or full time.
- Experienced family historians - We need your knowledge and skills. Contact our temple and family history consultant - center, Bill Everett or Judy Everett at the Center (850-892-2080 or ( email@example.com )
- Select 1 or more of our 2 hour shifts
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM
As a Family History Support Missionary
Other Ways to Serve
FamilySearch provides many opportunities for you to contribute to family history work and make more resources available to people around the world who are seeking after their ancestral roots.