Delaware, United States Genealogy
United States Delaware
|Delaware Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Delaware ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution having done so on December 7, 1789. It is located in the northeast part of the United States and has 3 counties. Delaware was created from the Crown Colony of Delaware and the capital is Dover. 
Getting Started with Delaware Research
Links to articles on getting started with Delaware research.
Delaware Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Delaware research.
Delaware Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Delaware Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - Delaware genealogy sites on the internet
- Delaware Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Delaware
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Delaware
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Delaware genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Delaware
- Delaware Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- History of Delaware, 1609-1888. By J. Thomas Scharf. v.1,.p. 269.
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 1 Nov 2016.