East Rudham, Norfolk Genealogy
|East Rudham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Docking|
|Parish registers: 1562|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RUDHAM (East), a village and a parish in Docking district, Norfolk. The village stands 6¼ miles W of Fakenham. The living is a vicarage, united with West Rudham, in the diocese of Norwich.  Includes Coxford.
East Rudham St mary is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.<
The church is medieval and had restoration in the 19th century. The tower has six bells. The tenor and 5th were cast by William Purdue in 1630; the 4th by Thomas Bilbie in 1732; 1, 2, 3 were cast by William Dobson in 1820.
The modern parish of East with West rudham is part of a united benefice with Helhoughton within the Burnham and Walsingham Deanery of the Diocese of Norwich
East Rudham is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
The village straddles the A 148 King's Lynn to Cromer road.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
East Rudham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|East Rudham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
||1562-1635, 1729-1900|| |
|FS PRs||Undefined||1562-1635, 1729-1901||Undefined||1562-1635, 1729-1911||Undefined||1562-1635, 1729-1901|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 415
Parish registers Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Item 19 Baptism, marriages, burials 1562-1635 Item 20 Baptisms and burials 1729-1780 Marriages 1729-1754 Item 21 Baptisms and burials 1780-1812 Item 22 Baptisms 1813-1838 Item 23 Baptisms 1838-1866 Item 24 Baptisms 1866-1902 Item 25 Marriages and banns 1754-1797 Item 26 Marriages and banns 1797-1812 Item 27 Marriages 1813-1837 Item 28 Marriages 1837-1902 Item 29 Burials 1813-1865 FHL BRITISH Film 1596653 Items 19-29
- Item 30 Burials 1865-1902 Item 31 Banns 1823-1855 Item 32 Banns 1855-1911 FHL BRITISH Film 1596653 Items 30-32
- Archdeacons transcripts, 1725-1812 Baptisms, burials and marriages 1725-1812 FHL BRITISH Film 1526790 Item 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438859.
- 1891 Census Name Index: Transcribed by Pat Greetham
Genealogy From Periodicals
West, Rosalie. Matthew, Matthew, Wherefore Art Thou, Matthew? Family tree of Francis Langley and Martha Hutton married 1728, at Syderstone, with descendants spreading to Tattersett, East Rudham, Docking, and Ringstead, Wells and Fakenham. History gives details of the descendants, and the views of looking for Matthew. Surnames in the family tree are Secker, Sutton, Strike, Death, Sharp, Oughton, Claxton, Brown, Playford, Goll, Davey, Senter, Framingham, Jacob, Cremer Bussnett, and Langley. Dates range from 1728-1869 and the article is to be found in The Norfok Ancestor, old series vol.6.pt.1, pages 9-11, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j old series vol 6. pt.1 .
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
1597 Subsidy Taxes: Transcribed by Geoff Lowe and housed on Norfolk Transcription Archives
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- East Rudham on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales(1870-72) Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 22 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 14 April 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.