Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Contacts and Hours
Address: *18 Edgewood 7, Edgewood, New Mexico 87015, United States
- Located about 1 block south of Walgreens
- Park on south side.
- Ring bell at upper left of double doors for Center access.
- Handicapped parking and access.
- Monday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Classes for September:
Wednesday, September 21 at 10:30 am--"Common Family History Mistakes." We will go over the most common Family History mistakes that are made and learn how to avoid them
Classes for October:
Wednesday, October 5 at 10:30 am--"Using Military Records for Geneological Research." Excellent class on utilizing Military Records to find your Ancestors
Wednesday, October 19 at 10:30 am--"Researching Your Swedish Ancestors"
- The Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center has a collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These websites include
19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
Access Newspaper Archive
Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
Find My Past
Fold3.com Previously known as Footnote.com
Godfrey Memorial Library
Heritage Quest Online
Historic Map Works Library Edition
World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 Computers for Patron Use
- 3 Microfilm/Microfiche Readers
What We Do:
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide Training. See the class schedule above.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunteer at the Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center please email email@example.com.