Eglwys Rhos, Conwy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Wales Gotoarrow.png Caernarfonshire Gotoarrow.png Caernarfonshire Parishes Gotoarrow.pngEglwyw-rhos


EGLWYS-RHOS, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the Llandudno railway, within the Ormes-Head peninsula, 2¼ miles NNE of Conway. Post town, Conway. Acres, 3, 735; of which 630 are water. Rated property, £2, 856. Pop., 832. Houses, 172. The property is divided among a few. Diganwy Castle here was an ancient seat of the Welsh princes. Lead and copper ores occur. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £167. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church stands in a beautiful situation; is ancient, cruciform, and good; and contains monuments of the Mostyns. Charities, £22. (John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

For more information see Eglwys-Rhos, Caernarvonshire at


Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites