Elkhorn Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Center Services
- 3 Resources in the Local Area
- 4 Links
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: W4615 Potter Road, Elkhorn, WI 53121-4069
- Enter the Family History Center from the West Parking lot Entrance.
Assistant FHC Director: Leland Buss Phone: 1-262-716-8368
- Tuesday: 10 AM - 2 PM
- 1st, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM - 2 PM
*Any other times by appointment only.
Scheduled and unscheduled closings
Holidays and Holiday Weekends
2nd & 5th Wednesdays, and 5th Saturdays
General Conference weekend in April and October
During Severe Weather Conditions
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computer (internet access), printer/scanner/copier, overhead microfilm reader, microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers from the community to help serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and to learn by doing. You need not be an expert. Ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key.