Ellsworth Maine Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location on Map
Address: 130 Beechland Rd Ellsworth, ME 04605
- Language: English
Open Hours: By appointment only
Holiday Schedule: We will open by appointment only if needed.
Closed all major holidays: Yes
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have a new Lexmark printer/scanner. Currently we have one computer with Trivoli installed. However we hope to install up to two other computers shortly. (As of 8 Sep 2014).
- We do not have the capability to order film yet.
- We do have "Maine Families in 1790 vol. 1 thru 9", and "The New England Historical and Genealogical Register from vol. CXXX July 1976 thru vol. 157 July 2003, whole Number 627.
- There is heating/cooling and good lighting with comfortable chairs.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)