Enfield St James

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to the Middlesex Parishes C-F page, or return to the Middlesex Church Records page.

A district church, dedicated to St. James, has been erected on Enfield Highway, in the division of Green-Street and Ponder's End; it is a handsome structure in the early English style, with a square embattled tower ornamented by pinnacles at the angles. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £150; patron, the Vicar of Enfield.

Samuel Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 173-177