Erie Pennsylvania Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center is in the Chapel building located about 5 miles south of Lake Erie on South Hill Road, in Erie, Pennsylvania. We have two wards that meet in our building.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1101 South Hill Rd Erie PA 16509-5321 United States
- The FHC is accessable from the door at the back or south side of the building.
- When you enter the building it is the first door on the left.
- Tuesday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at 1-814-882-4774.
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC:
Hardware and Equipment
- 2 Computers
- Printer shared by the computers is also a copier & scanner
- 1 Microfilm reader/printer
- 3 Microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- We have many films at our center as well - check at center for a listing
Staff Research Specialties
We have a couple that served in SLC on the Family History mission serving in our ward now. They are excelent with the familysearch software.
We have another sister serving a mission in our ward specializing in research and learning the new tools available. <fck:hr>
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>