FamilySearch Indexing:UK Parish Registers, Overview
From FamilySearch Wiki
This is information generic to the UK parish registers. There may be additional instructions for a specific project.
- There can be four types of records in these projects.
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to two images per batch
- Usually multiple records per image
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The parish registers have either been handwritten or typed.
- Each image may contain either one or two pages.
- Each type of record will have different fields to index.
- The common record types for these project are:
- General indexing instructions For all projects.
- Field-by-field helps A list of all field helps.
- Handwriting helps These records are handwritten. It may be helpful to view this link for help in deciphering challenging words.