FamilySearch Indexing: US, Texas—Deaths, 1890–1976, Overview
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and system features. Although the project is an intermediate project, many batches are at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- Only records with death information are to be indexed in this project.
- The project includes death certificates and amendments.
- Records were typed and handwritten on printed forms.
- Batches contain 10 images each.
- Each image usually contains just one death record.
- Project Instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.