FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 14 February 2013
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 0000), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- SEO project - is changing the title to include "Genealogy" really necessary? Testing is going on with and without that in the title. Nathan is tracking links from google to the Wiki. Comparisons need to be made for before and after the title changes. More testing needs to be done. Suggestions can be given to Nathan Murphy or David Dilts.
Community Council Report
New Agenda Items
- Per past discussions, a page has been created to keep track of ideas, proposals that are made in these meetings, but don't reach a resolution. Ideas page needs a title and any additional information that this groups thinks is necessary.
- A new look is coming to FamilySearch, including the Wiki. Janell would like to have your input on the design for the Wiki. A meeting will be held in MeetingPlace at 9 AM (Mtn) tomorrow to discuss the design. Anyone who would like to be in on this discussion is welcome. Room 0000
- Forums replacement - software has been located and funding is needed for it.
- County pages - should a new tab be forced when there are links for FS.org. When linking to FS.org, you lose where you are in the wiki. The template could possibly be changed. David will talk to people who could help with that. Wikipedia has a "history" button on each page. We will ask in the tech meeting. It could be a setting in the wiki that is causing the problem.