FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 21 Feb 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
- Welcome Jim!
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Widgetbox website - Janell is going to try one more person to see if we can find our account and we are going to wait for Jane who is also working on these
- Where are you researching - any comments about that and how LiquidThreads would work and if we would talk about research on those talk pages? Or would we keep those conversations in the Forums? Forums are probably going to be a better place for these kinds of discussions.
- Discussion about bringing new people into contributing to the wiki - what's the procedure there?
- Invite them to our Thursday training meetings
- Sign up to have a Mentor
- Teach them how to research, help them understand how to do that and catch the spirit of that and wanting to contribute will follow.
Style Guide Discussions
- Genealogy Society Webmasters pages - how should we request these pages be named? They are not "research help" but not FamilySearch Wiki pages either, they are project based. -- janellv
- We don't want the wiki to be a "web hosting service"
- But supporting these kinds of projects could help bring people into the wiki
- We also got into a discussion about what is the right message for FHCs and Societies and how we all work together.
- Stub template - when is a stub not a stub any longer? Lise 20:06, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- QR Codes in FHL to direct patrons to info about specific geographies.
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
Improve the Wiki
Moderators and Adopters
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week