FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 7 March 2013
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 0000), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Lee and Steve Cottrells for fixing problems from this morning
Updates and follow up
- Volunteers to help craft a new welcome message: Steve
- SEO optimization on five U.S. Wiki pages has begun - Plymouth - Plymouth County - Boston - New York City - Georgetown County (David) We'll be anxious to see the results.
- Experiment with putting in a paragraph with genealogy in it as opposed to putting it in the title
- This could take up to 6 months to be sure if this is the way to go
- Titles have been changed slightly, other small changes have been made
- News Event box - FHL council agree with taking that out of pages where they are not being used. Poland and Czech Republic pages are using and updating their boxes. Moderators should be contacted about removing it from their pages
Community Council Report
- Met 6 March - discussed policy of linking rather than bulk copy and paste.
- Large extracts are being copied and pasted in multiple pages, creating duplications and adding unnecessary information
- Council will work with FH library group to resolve this issue if it's missionaries or consultants
- Some pages need to be merged and sourced
- Stage site - issue with large screens
New Agenda Items
- Consider the possibility of changing the schedule of this meeting - bi-weekly? Monthly?
- We will need a new moderator for this meeting by the end of April
- Talk to people at RootsTech breakfast who might be interested in moderating
- General opinion is that meetings should be kept weekly
- Breakfast at RootsTech March 21 at 7:15 at the Family History Library on the third floor staff lunch room
- Parking may be limited at RootsTech
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date: