Click to join the meeting, the ID is 2934
Purpose of the meeting
- To forge solutions with other community contributors.
- To discuss content, technical issues, workarounds, community, site design, and strategy.
- News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
- Comments? Might help to date the items. Keep news items on the page for X number of months. Have an archive page for past news. Categories of news (wiki news; event news; etc.) New Record Search wiki pages and collections that go online.
- Add your recognition items here.
- Kudos goes to ...
- This is a good question. Fran and Kara recently met with Diane Loosle to discuss this subject. We had several ideas but narrowed it down to the following items:
- First Priority
- Homepage revision
- Help content revamp completed
- Easy path to get help for new users and contributors
- Highlight great content on the homepage that will draw in genealogists and keep their attention
- Portal page conversion complete (consistency of look and feel across the Wiki)
- Second Priority
- Community Center (this may be needed as part of bullet three above, but at the time we weren't sure)
- Finish project to move all FamilySearch past publication content to the Wiki with a page to help the user recognize the migration from the "old to the new."
- We would like to take a few minutes during this meeting and respond to Steve's question. Plus we would like to have your thoughts and ideas related to the items that Kara and Fran have already identified. We originally wanted to have all the Governance processes identified, documented, and with volunteers in place to work though any governance issues. We also wanted the Manual of Style finished and ready for new authors and editors to refer to as needed. A lot has already been accomplished by the members of this technology meeting for both the governance and the manual of style, but there is still a lot left to do and without volunteers to lead the projects, we are moving at a snails pace. There may be another set of items that needs to be addressed and we are looking forward to hearing your ideas! --Fran 19:50, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
| Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.