FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 19 July 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
http://meetingplace.ldschurch.org, ID is 7780
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos go to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
Technical Issues & Workarounds
- What is in place for notifying the other wikis when updating changes in articles in the English Wiki for corresponding articles in other wikis?
- In Italy, Perugia (https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Italy,_Perugia,_Tribunale_di_Perugia,_Civil_Registration_(FamilySearch_Historical_Records)) article there is a template at the top which says that as soon as the images for the records of this town are finished they will be loaded into the English wiki. Is it possible to program it so that it updated in the Spanish Wiki where this same template appears. In other words when the images are put into the English wiki the Spanish and for that matter the Portuguese and Italian wikis are notified as well?
- It is possible that when new research articles for say Italian research are added to the wiki that they are also put into the other wikis that some kind of notification is made to the other wikis that have interest in these articles such as the Spanish, Portuguese and Italian Wikis?
- When one comes to, for example:Italy, Napoli Civil Registration (Family Search Historical Records) and you click on the links that accesses the images at: Italy, Napoli, Civil Registration can we get this page translated into Spanish, Portuguese and Italian for those who come to this page from the foreign wikis?
(Three items above were posted by ccsmith.)
- Update, please, on the sign in issues. At present, I still experience a vareity of "log in" and "log out" status issues that present unnecessary barriers to using the HRCs, wiki, and forums. Responding to either a forums or wiki system-generated message always ends up landing me back on the main FamilySearch.org page to log in (whether I'm already logged in or not), and then does not return me to the page I was viewing at the time I was dumped back to the main page. Is this another symptom of the issue that is preventing Steve Cottrell from posting to the forums? Lise 15:31, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- When you click on the Tour from the main page you link to Help:Tour. The first video under “1. Research Help” Video: Researching using the Wiki is on YouTube. YouTube is not available in FHC centers because it is outside the church’s websites. It should be made available to patrons at the FHCs in some other way. averyld 16:33, 19 July 2012 (UTC)