FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 29 May 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
http://meetingplace.ldschurch.org, ID is 7780
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos go to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
Technical Issues & Workarounds
- Citations - many citations changed today but removed references to the original place the records were housed and instead now say fold3.com and ancestry.com. We are questioning that because it goes against our guidelines for creating source citations.
- How to name pages relating to multiple topics in the same locality - put the locality first, then the topic of the page
- Manual of Style discussion - how should we go about adding guidelines for how to reference specific types of information -
Should we add things to discussion pages, or the forums, and what are the guidelines for that?
In order to promote more of a community feel, we need to get away from bringing everything up in our meetings. We need to do more on the forums and on talk pages. Talk pages are the ideal, so that discussions are there together. However, we know talk pages are sometimes hard to use. We can use either forums or talk pages for discussions; however, we can also add a note to the other place and cross link it to where the discussion is happening so that we can draw in more discussion.
- Troubleshooting page - it would be nice to have something that contributors could go to to help with simple problems. Judy will get it started.
- Known Issues page is missing the archives pages - Steve fixed.