FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2013 April 3
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
The Wiki currently has 84,387 articles in English
News and Events
- Virtual Chapter, UGA, Thurs, Apr 18, 7 p.m.: Hot off the press!, by Virginia Ackerman.
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech It was great to meet James and Jana after all this time!
- Cemetery Records progress: Slow: Salt Lake, Weber, Sanpete, and San Juan have been done since last meeting.
- LDS Church records Utah County Salt Lake County
- The Wiki Always team of missionaries (Joy, Bo, Jeff, Cathy, Elizabeth, and Sister Heaston -- Dawne's old team) have fixed all the broken links. Steve Cottrel created a template for them, so we won't have to maintain these links again.
- They are going through the counties and creating a page that will list all the stakes and all the wards in the counties.
- They have gathered all the FHLC entries for Church records into an Excel file, which includes other denominations.
- Closer to home access page. Feedback needed on the arrangement and what's missing. Ideas for the name of the page?
- Temple records should be addressed under "Tracing LDS Ancestors". Maybe something should be on the county pages, since they did not all have a temple in their county.
- Pat will fix the Utah Church Records page and will refer them to the county pages for membership records
- Temple map?
- They are adding a page for Special Collections at the Library
- Bible records added and populated for the counties. -- James
- Pat will ask DUP
- BYU may have some Bibles James looked and linked.
- Church History used to have a collection, they returned them to the families. They microfilmed them per Liz. James did.
- Link to how to find Bible records and US VR page;
- Utah Bible records page - James will create
- Vital records area needs to be populated (the one before birth)- Wilma still to do
- Wilma will focus soon on Library section, then Deaths, then Marriages. Started on this in a sandbox page.
- Project end: We will adapt some of the tasks for the Ohio project so people will have something constructive to do after we are not actively engaged. Wilma plans to be finished with her parts (see below) by March 31.
- Next meeting: April 3rd
- Extinct counties need to be added to the Utah page, with links to pages for them
- Pat sent a site for Utah Place Names include extinct places. Where Utah gazetteers pages List of all towns, communities, then a picture from that place.
- Wilma will make a link to the counties from the Utah church records page
- To do: county blurb with links to Utah Maps page.
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in a previous meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, Salt Lake? and others with large compilations. P 13 of printed version Utah Research Outline granite stake, Ogden Stake, 289.3?...
From previous meetings:
- Not a priority: Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- FHLC links.
- To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them.
- Wording for other topics.
- Marriages -- many people may have married in a Temple, and their records recorded there.