FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Waypointing/Philippines Civil Registration - Donor Delivery & DB - Part 2
Project Name: Philippines Civil Registration - Donor Delivery & DB - Part 2
Project Owner: Heather Walgren, email@example.com, 801-240-9458
Alternative Contacts: Travis Mecham, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-240-5017; Caleb Pusey, email@example.com, 801-240-2592
Project Completion Deadline: September 9, 2011
- Go to “File,” “Open Project,” and select “Philippines Civil Registration - Donor Delivery & DB - Part 2” from the list on the Waypointing Wiki page from the drop-down menu, then click “OK.”
- Locate and mark any camera operator, focus images or title boards as “Administrative.” Do NOT mark images listing the Province, the name of the town and the month as administrative.
- The Consolidated Form for this project has five fields:
- Province – This item is listed in the notes. It will also be written as “Province of ____” in the first image of the first waypoint on the film. Unless another province is listed at the beginning of a waypoint assume the province is the same as the previous waypoint in film.
- Record type –The record type can be found by looking at the notes, the administrative images or by looking at the top of the first certificate in the waypoint. We are only capturing Births, Marriages, and Deaths in this collection. If you encounter another record type mark the item as administrative and contact the project owner.
- Year Range – Most waypoints will contain one year. Look for the date listed on the first and last certificates of the waypoint. The date is also listed in the notes field under “Film Notes.”
- Beginning Town Name – The beginning town name is listed on the first image of the waypoint (on the first item of the film it will be the second image, following the Province image).
- End Town Name – The end town name is listed on the last certificate of the waypoint range. If the town name is difficult to read view the preceding images or find the image listing the town name (This is usually the image found before the last image that list “January”). If the end town name is the same as the beginning town name leave this field blank.
- Once the consolidated form is complete, highlight the item it applies to and click “New.”
- Repeat this process until all items have been Waypointed with their own Consolidated Form.
- When you are confident that all waypoints are correct, click “Finish.” A new folder should load, or you can start with step 1 of these instructions to open a new folder.
- When you have finished your first folder, please send an email to Heather or Travis, so they can audit your work and give feedback on any issues they find.
Occasionally the information on the film notes will not match the images that are on the film. If this is the case, please use the information from the images, not the film notes. If you have any questions regarding this project please contact the project owner or one of the alternate contacts.